Disney’s Hollywood Studios celebrates classic movies and the showbiz traditions of years gone by. The glitz and glamour of Hollywood is brought to life by the park’s enchanting live shows and thrilling attractions. A day at this park is time well spent
Hollywood Studio’s is another favourite park for both myself and Luke! We love the Hollywood charm and character that is found throughout, with intricate detail on buildings to live shows in the street. For me it is also home to arguably one of MY all time forever favourite rides Tower of Terror, whilst Luke loves riding Rock N Roller coaster!!
So it seemed only right to share MY top 5 tips for making the most out of your day here, I will say that these tips are from my previous visits back in 2015/16 and 2017, so PLEASE be aware that the NEW Toy Story Land will have just opened (June 2018) and that may change the way you plan your 2018 vacation.
Okay here we go
- Get to the Park for OPENING- Of course this was going to be a TOP TIP!! Luke and I didn’t have a breakfast reservation for this park, for the simple reason that I wanted early rides on both Terror Tower and Rock N’ Roller, and going on either of those on a full stomach was not overly appealing! We did however get to the park before opening, which meant we were through the gates pretty swiftly once the park opened. We got to ride both Rock N Roller and Terror Tower Twice without Faspasses!
- Book a Fastpass for Fantasmic-Fantasmic is truly FANTASTIC and not a show to be missed. Its a delightful stage show featuring amazing special effects, water projection, fireworks and an amazing cast of Disney Characters. Because it’s arena seating, good seats for Fantasmic! can fill up quickly and guests will start to line up for the show well in advance. The lines for Fantasmic start forming a good hour and a half before the gates to the arena open. They have a whole section dedicated for anyone who has a FP booked, its very central viewing and means that you can get a perfect spot with very limited viewing restrictions. Fantasmic is hugely popular so even with a FP you will still need to get in line pretty early for the perfect spot.
- For the First time in Forever (A Frozen Sing along) isn’t just for kids (I promise)- I feel like this may be missed off of plans if you are visiting without kids, but it really shouldn’t! I love this show, it’s funny, it’s entertaining, it has a little adult humour and YES it features Elsa and Anna!! Trust me I took Luke along last year and, okay he didn’t love it like I did but he did enjoy it and WOULD do it again. He didn’t sing (well he might of a little) but I certainly belted out let it go at the top of my lungs along with everyone else! It was nice to get out of the sun and sit a chill inside for a while, whilst being entertained, it’s definitely fun for all the family
- Don’t Miss out the the live shows- Hollywood Studio’s is home to 2 of my favourite live shows, Beauty and The Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid, they are both phenomenal and a delight For kids and adults alike. Each performance runs for 20-30 minutes and brings to life these classic Disney stories. Muppet Vision 3-D is another great show for kids who are a little bit older and can wear the 3-D glasses. Most of the shows here are tailored to guests of all ages. Be sure to check the Times Guide for additional information.
- Get a reservation at the Sci-fi Diner- Definitely DO dinner and a show ’50s-style at the drive-in “theater,” whilst at Hollywood Studios. I think this was Luke’s favourite restaurant to eat in, it’s so quirky and very different to all the the other restaurant’s! We ate here for lunch whilst on our visit and had booked our reservation well in advance. Seriously only in WDW can you eat all-American cuisine and watch sci-fi movie clips.
I always have such an amazing day here at Hollywood Studios, and (prior to the 2018 opening of Toy Story Land) I have always felt this was one of the more quieter parks. It’s a park where I feel my day is far more relaxed.
Thank you for stopping by today and reading MY top 5 tips for exploring Hollywood Studios.
Please check out my other Disney posts HERE
Any tips you would like to share, then leave me a comment below. Or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org