Oh my god… FINALLY IT’S FRIDAY! I’ve only had a four day week but my god it’s been the longest 4 day week EVER!!
BECAUSE it’s HAPPY FRIDAY I wanted to throw another FUN post into the mix!! I do love these posts Not only are they good write they are even better share!!
So I’m a movie goer, Luke and I love hitting our local cinema (movie theatre) on a Friday or Saturday evening. We pay monthly for an unlimited cinema card, which means (we probably look like right losers) but also we can see as many movies as we like every single month.
And seeing as going to watch a movie is pretty expensive these days, at a cost of £17.90 a month we get unlimited movies, and save some money too!!
This post is dedicated to my top 10 Favourite movies. This EXCLUDES Disney and horror films (they are separate posts altogether!)
How I define my favourite movie, is a movie that cheers me up or that I can watch over and over again or one that even if I own it on DVD/BluRay I still have to watch when it’s on TV!!
SO in no particular order….. Here are my TOP 10!!
- Top gun- “I FEEL THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED!” This has been one of my favourites for years! I’m a bit of a Tom cruise fan (if I’m honest) I love that this film is a bit action, a bit of romance and lots of planes! I’ve watched this film so many tines I know the lines off by heart!! The soundtrack is also awesome!
- Days of thunder- Another Tom Cruise classic, fast car’s, and what I consider to be a great storyline! Need I say more! Again this has a pretty good soundtrack to go with it!
- Jurassic park (franchise)- What’s not to love about this franchise!! I love all the films and have seen them over and over! It’s like a Taylor family tradition that we go to the cinema to watch them, I never get bored of them, AND on the plane to Florida back in 2016 I watched Jurassic Park Lost world at least 4 times!! Now that’s dedication!!
- Jaws (franchise)- “You’re going to need a bigger boat” I have loved these films from about the age of 4 or 5 when I first saw it on TV! My mum turned the part off when you see the severed head come out of the boat and I cried!! YES the films are a little dated now, but that doesn’t stop me from watching them every time they are on TV!
- True romance- “You’re so cool, You’re so cool” You will of course only get that quote if you have SEEN the film, and if you haven’t, why haven’t you?! Empire ranked True Romance the 83rd greatest film of all time in 2017 and it has gained itself a wide cult following. This has long been a favourite of mine, a Quentin Tarantino classic, You can’t help but to fall in love with Clarence and Alabama the two main characters, what a great love story, with lots of other things thrown in the mix!!
- Love actually- I consider this a Christmas film, and NEVER watch it before December, it’s like criminal to do so!! However from December 1st I can watch it over and over again. This film is funny, sad, festive, and romantic, I mean if someone (Luke Kendal hint hint) wants to turn up at my door with a series of mushy quotes on cardboard then I will not stop them!! This is one film that will never get boring to me!! Christmas isn’t Christmas without love actually!!
- Greatest showman- “This is the greatest show” I’m pretty sure that this film is on everyone’s favourite list right now! I saw it at the cinema twice and loved it even more the 2nd time round! It is the absolute feel good movie, with an amazing soundtrack!!
- Pretty woman- I’m pretty sure this is a favourite for any girl, it’s so romantic and Richard Gear looks pretty fine too!! Pretty woman is just one of those films that’s a light hearted feel good girly film. I remember my cousin and I sitting there one Saturday afternoon with a bottle of Prosecco and a big sharing bag of Tesco finest sweet chilli kettle chips watching the film, and quoting some of the lines!! Good times.
- Dirty Dancing- “Nobody puts baby in the corner” one of my favourite Patrick Swayze movies EVER! Another film where I know all the words off by heart, I love the soundtrack, I love the story line, and I love that final dance!!
- Armageddon- Pass me the tissues for this one! I cry every single time, doesn’t matter how many tines I have seen it!! I think this film is FAB! It’s an action film, it’s got Bruce Willis, there’s also a touch of romance, and it has an awesome soundtrack featuring Aerosmith! It’s a definite 10 out of 10!!
So there we are Lisa’s top 10 movies! Hit me below in the comment section and let me know what your top movies are
Thank you for reading lifestylelisa
Enjoy you day